I absolutely love beautifully piped biscuits. The Scandinavian look makes them so Christmassy and are beautiful to hang on the tree or give out as gifts to family and friends! Making biscuits can be relaxing to make yourself and also fun to make with the family especially young kids!
100g Unsalted Butter
150g Caster Sugar
1tsp Vanilla Essence
225g Plain Flour
50g Cocoa Powder
Pinch of Salt
Water if needed
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together in a large bowl until light.
- Sift in the dry ingredients to the butter mixture then mix into a dough. If the dough is a little crumbly, add some water to bring together (not too much!!)
- Cover and chill for an hour.
- Roll out to 1cm thick and cut using your favourite cutters.
- Place onto a lined tray and bake for around 8 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Decorate with royal icing then leave to set.
I hope you all have an amazing Christmas and a happy new year! Thank you for your support this year, all my followers and subscribers have been amazing!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM THE LITTLE WELSH KITCHEN!!!