Christmas to me isn’t the same without gingerbread biscuits! I absolutely love making them because they’re so simple to make and are so tasty! They also look beautiful when piped with royal icing and will release the most amazing smell when baking! These biscuits make beautiful and thoughtful gifts or look amazing as tree decorations!
250g Plain Flour
Pinch of salt
1 tsp Bicarb
1 & 1/2 Tsp Ground Ginger
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp All Spice
50g Unsalted Butter
100g Soft Brown Sugar
100g Golden Syrup
- Sift all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, sugar and syrup until combined. Leave to cool slightly.
- Mix the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until a ball of dough is formed.
- Cover and chill for and hour.
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Roll the dough out to around 1cm thick. Cut using your favourite cutters! (Tip: pierce out a small hole at the top if you want to hang them up on the tree!)
- Place them on lined trays and bake for 10-12 minutes. The biscuits will still be quite soft when ready.
- Leave to cool then decorate with royal icing.