I absolutely love using every part of a pumpkin. I hate knowing that so much pumpkin is wasted every single year, especially when such tasty, wintery food can be made using pumpkin! This is my super simple recipe that I use every Halloween. The seeds are great to use as a garnish for a spiced pumpkin soup or just as a tasty snack!
Seeds from a pumpkin – washed and dried
1 & 1/2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Chilli Powder
Salt & Pepper to season
Olive oil – just a drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 150C
- On a large baking tray, put the seeds onto the tray and ensure that they’re all flattened into a single layer.
- Add the spices then lightly drizzle with the olive oil.
- Use your hands or a spoon to coat all the seeds.
- Roast in the oven for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Leave to cool then enjoy!
Sprinkle the seeds on a bowl of warm Spiced Pumpkin Soup!
Have a great Halloween and stay safe! x