2 large onions
1 large carrot
Small swede (or 1/2 a large one)
2 cloves of garlic
1 Vegetable stock cube
Salt & Pepper
1 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 tsp Ground Coriander
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp Mixed Spice
Double Cream (optional) 150ml
- Chop up the pumpkin and roast for 20-25 minutes on 170C.
- Peel and chop the rest of the vegetables and fry off in a large saucepan.
- Add the garlic cloves to the vegetables and continue frying.
- Add the roasted pumpkin to the vegetables then throw in the stock cube.
- Add hot water to the vegetables (water should totally cover the veg), simmer on a medium heat until the potatoes and swede are soft.
- Add all the spices to the vegetables then leave to cool slightly.
- Using a blender/hand blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Season to taste.
- *optional* Add the cream to the soup then mix in.
Have a great Halloween and stay safe! x